Did you know that regular walking has incredible health benefits? According to the Mayo Clinic, regular brisk walking can have a number of health benefits.
5 Incredible Health Benefits
- Help you maintain a healthy weight
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease and high blood pressure
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mood
- Improve your balance and coordination
When you go walking, there are multiple things that happen to your body in a positive way!
10 Positive Affects on Your Body
- You burn fat
- You build strength and endurance
- Helps aide digestion
- Your body releases tension
- Boosts your metabolism
- Allows your body to absorb Vitamin D from direct sunlight
- Promotes mental clarity
- Helps you get a better nights sleep
- Strengthens your heart
- Boosts endorphins which puts you in a better mood
There are a number of ways to add more walking into your day. Try any of the following tips.
5 Helpful Tips
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- Pace around while talking on the telephone
- Leave the office and go for a brisk walk during your lunch break
- Get off your bus/train stop a station earlier and walk the rest of the way
- Park your car at the end of the grocery store parking lot and walk to the entrance
Improve your circulation, enhance your mood, lower your risk for Alzheimer’s disease and live a longer, healthier life, just by walking.
Time to enjoy the warmer weather and just take a walk!