Fall is such a fun time of year and it’s filled with so many different opportunities for outdoor activities for people of all ages and activity levels. Many families have fun fall traditions but many families look to try something new! Regardless, we want to make it easier for you to plan activities with your senior loved one! So we’ve put together a little inspiration to help you find the right activities to form special memories for years to come!
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Go to a pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins. Then take them home to carve and decorate!
- Tour a local farm! Most are set up for various animal encounters, hayrides and special crafts!
- Go to an apple orchard. Pick apples, stroll the orchards or try a delicious apple cider or apple pie!
- Visit a cornfield maze – they are such fun for all ages! Be sure you enter in pairs!
- Take a fall foliage drive to see the leaves once they have changed. Seeing the leaves along the mountainside or against a body of water is breathtaking and so relaxing!
- Take a family photoshoot in the foliage. It can be such a beautiful time of the year when the leaves change and it creates a stunning backdrop for photos – even for amateur photographers!
- Go on an easy hike along a local walking trail. You can collect leaves for a fall craft or make your own scavenger hunt looking for leaves, sticks or rocks.
- Go on a scenic train ride out in the country. Some towns have official train adventures but a local train has windows too!
- Enjoy a picnic at a park. Pack all the DIY fall treats you spent time creating and have a fun picnic! Bring along a cozy blanket and a warm drink!
The above list has many great ideas for fun fall adventures with your senior loved one! But the very best thing you can do together is get some fresh air and make some memories!
Visit our blog 6 Festive Fall Activities for Seniors for some indoor fall fun!