We at Premier Home Health Care, Inc value the health and safety of our clients, employees and partners above all. Due to increasing concerns of the coronavirus, we have made numerous efforts to ensure the safety of not only our immediate communities but also our population as a whole.
We encourage you and your loved ones to take the following precautions, recommended by the CDC.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or alcohol-based hand sanitizer when the former is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home from all public places when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the garbage
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wear a mask only if you are sick
Please see below for downloadable copies of tips and tools to support these CDC recommendations:
In response to this evolving pandemic, Premier has enacted our Emergency Preparedness Plan across all our locations in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations. We are closely monitoring the situation and will continue to take any necessary precautions as recommended by Federal and State agencies.
So far our efforts have included the following:
- Updated all policies related to the Coronavirus and our Emergency Management Plan
- Educated staff on the virus, the signs and symptoms and continue to provide routine updates
- Ordered additional gloves, masks, and hand sanitizers for all locations
- Required any ill staff to be sent home until cleared
- Required all staff members living in New Rochelle, NYC and the Bronx to work remotely
- Cancelled all in-services, orientations and trainings in an effort to avoid any large gatherings
- Contacted our field paraprofessionals via our text message program with instructions to keep themselves and others safe as well as a formal request to report travel information and any illnesses through this system
Additionally, effective 3/17/2020, our field employees receive daily text message reminders on the following screening survey questions to report on their members:
Call office immediately if there are any changes in your or your patient’s respiratory status (cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath).
Have you or your patient traveled to a CDC Level 2 or 3 travel designation country for COVID-19 within the last 14 days? If so, please call office ASAP.
Have you or your patient had contact with any persons under investigation for or with known COVID-19 in the last 14 days? If so, call office ASAP.
Based on the identified survey questions, our field employees are required to report any positive responses to their respective office. Our branch staff will record, analyze the data, and involve the local health department when necessary. We are continuing to monitor the course of #COVID19 and are dedicated to preserving the continuity of care for all our members and their families.
If you are currently a patient or a caregiver of a patient of Premier or a consumer of our CDPAP, please direct any questions or concerns to your current branch office. All locations and their phone numbers can be accessed at http://www.premierhomehealthcare.com/areas-served/