The Office of Children and Family Services is administering $25 million in funds to the Essential Worker Scholarship to provide childcare support to essential workers. As an essential worker at Premier, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are a resident of New York State and work outside of your home. The scholarship will be awarded on a weekly basis and will go directly to childcare providers on the parents’ behalf.
How do I apply?
- Starting on June 23rd, you can apply for funding through an easy online application at: https://ocfs.ny.gov/childcarerelief
- Applications will be processed and awarded on a rolling basis until the funds have been depleted
How does it work?
- Funding is part of the Federal Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act
- Childcare costs will be paid up to market rate for each region statewide; market rate information can be found at https://ocfs.ny.gov/main/policies/external/ocfs_2019/LCM/19-OCFS-LCM-23.pdf
- Childcare providers will be paid directly on behalf of the parent
- Parents are responsible for any tuition amount the scholarship does not cover
Do you know someone that is looking for work but needs childcare assistance?
If you know someone who is looking to get back into the workforce, let them know they can be your teammate and join us at Premier! – You can even get a Refer-A-Friend bonus!
In New York, Premier has positions open in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, the Bronx, Long Island and Westchester County.
- Weekly pay,
- 1199 Union and Health fund benefits,
- Flexible schedules,
- Paid time off and
Premier Home Health Care in Westport: (203)-438-3811